Prof. Dr. Jan Schmidt- Top surgeon for visceral and cancer surgery in Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Jan Schmidt, top surgeon for visceral and cancer surgery
Prof. Dr. Schmidt works closely with specialists from different disciplines such as gastroenterology, oncology, pathalogy, radiotherapy, diagnostic and interventional radiology to ensure my patients receive comprehensive care at all times. His team will always aim to find the treatment best suited to your individual needs– with the support of and open communication between the various medical disciplines and in close consultation with you.
The use of modern surgery techniques and our extensive experience in surgery help to reduce the length of hospital stays. His team and he afford thoroughly organised processes, excellent service and personally coordinated medical care – leading to optimal treatment results for you, the patient.
He is the asked surgeon for many cases that are where else hopeless were. He is one of the best surgeon in the world for advance high-complicated cancer surgery. Prof. Dr. Schmidt was also involved in the surgical treatment of political leaders and many other famous persons of the near and middle east.
Most offered Treatments
- Visceral surgery (surgery of abdominal area)
- Tumour surgery of gullet, liver, pancreas, stomach, small bowel, rectum, peritoneum, kidney
- Cancer surgery with HIPEC, PIPAC and Nanoknife
- Minimal surgeries for gall stones, diverticulitis, colon cancers
- Endocrine therapy
- Chest surgeries regarding cancer tumours
The list goes on. Please let us know about your needs so that we organise all tailor-made for you.
Ideally located in the city center of Zurich. Therefore, you can combine your treatment with amazing sightseeing possibilities of beautiful Zurich. The clinic is only 25 minutes away from Zurich Airport.
We will be pleased to help you for your hotel reservation, airport transfers, translation services, visa invitations or any other kind of special needs.
His Professional Career
- 2011- until now- Deputy in swiss clinics, General Surgery and special oncological Viszeralchirurgie
- 2010- 2011 Deputy Physicians Director, Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation
- Surgery , University of Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. Markus W. Büchler)
- 2005 – 2011 Head Visceral organ transplantation
- 2007 -2009 Chief Medical Officer
- 2006 – Honorary Doctorate University of Tbilisi, Georgia
- 2004 – Apl. Professor University of Heidelberg
- 2003 – Master of Medical Education (MME) University of Bern
- 2003 – Honorary Doctorate University of Cluj, Romania
- 2002 – Visiting Professor Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Institute, New York, USA
- (Prof. L. Blumgart) MD Anderson Cancer Institute, Houston, Texas, USA (Prof. D. Evans & Prof. N. Vaughtey) University of Tokyo, Japan (Prof. M. Makuuchi)
- 2002 focus designation Vascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. Jens Allenberg)
- 1998 – 2001 line Minimal Invasive Surgery
- 2000- focus designation Visceral Surgery, University of Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. Christian Herfarth)
- 1998- Habilitation “inflammation of the pancreas” University of Heidelberg
- 1996- Specialist in Surgery, University of Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. Christian Herfarth)
- 1989 – 1991 Fellow of the German Research Foundation Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard
- University,Boston, USA (Prof. Andrew L. Warshaw )
- 1986 -1989 PhD thesis on “hemorrhagic shock” University of Heidelberg, Department of Experimental Surgery (Prof. Dr. Konrad Messmer)
- 1982 – 1988 -Study of medicine, University of Heidelberg and University of San Antonio, Texas,
- United States Scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service Abroad in England, Israel and Sweden
Interested? Questions? Please contact us now.